Thursday, June 2, 2011

Introduction

Well, I've never had a blog before, but I thought I'd try it. Every once in a while I come across something, or I get an idea, or I see something cool, etc, that I think others should know about, and I thought this would be a good place to post things of that sort. And no, I don't mean things like viral videos or spammish type things, as that would be most un-cool.

I already have a few ideas for posts, so I do actually have things in mind. Topics will be varied, but I can guarantee there will be book reviews and some photo discussion (I'm in the process of digitizing all my old photos). I can also envision possibilities of internet & slightly tech-y stuff, and probably talk of tv or movie topics.

Coming up with a blog name was pretty difficult...honestly, I wanted to start this blog a couple days ago but I couldn't because I didn't have a name for it. Many of the names I tried were already in use, which only added to the difficulty. I finally came up with a name I really liked, and to my delight the name was available on blogger! BUT......then I decided to do a search for non-blogger blogs with that name. Turns out there was a nice girl over at wordpress that had a blog with the exact name I wanted. Sure, since hers is at wordpress, and mine is here on blogger, I obviously could have used the name. But then I thought how I would feel if I had an original blog name and someone started up a blog on a different host with the exact same name: I wouldn't be thrilled. So, I eventually gave up on that particular name and came up with this one. It's kind of plain, but I sort of like it. If I'm suddenly struck with an awesomely spectacular name, maybe I'll change it.

Anyway, I'm not sure how frequently I'll have stuff to post, it certainly won't be everyday, maybe not even every week. But I would imagine I'll probably have something to say at least once or twice a month. I read quite a few books, and I've been reviewing some of them over at amazon for a couple years now. I may start posting some of those reviews here, just to get things rolling.

1 comment:

  1. Our firm, Bostick Communications, distributes press releases via e-mail for our clients who are authors.  These releases make contacts, such as yourself, aware of new books that are available for review.
     
    We would like to add you to that database to receive releases from our clients. 
     
    We send out 2 releases per day on the average. You have the opportunity to specify certain genres that you are interested in to reduce the number of releases you receive, if you wish.
     
    There is no obligation on your part and you may unsubscribe at any time.
     
    Thank you for your time to consider our service.
     
    Best,
    Ken Eason
    Bostick Communications

    ReplyDelete