Monday, December 22, 2014

Review: Christmas Roses by Amanda Cabot

Book Cover and Synopsis:
Celia Anderson doesn't need anything for Christmas except a few more boarders, which are hard to come by in this small mining town. She certainly doesn't have a husband on her Christmas wish list. But when a wandering carpenter finds lodging at her boarding house, she admits that she might remarry if she found the right man--the kind of man who would bring her roses for Christmas. It would take a miracle to get roses during a harsh Wyoming winter. But Christmas, after all, is the time for miracles . . .

My source for book: Personal Library
My Thoughts:
This is a sweet historical romance novella. The short length makes it ideal for reading during the busy holiday season, while the pacing and character development actually make it seem more like a full length novel. This is a win-win scenario!

I really liked both Celia and Mark, the two main characters. I do admit that it seemed like Celia had too many men chasing after her, but this didn't dampen my enjoyment of the story. The relationship development between Celia and Mark was done very well and didn't seem rushed at all. Mark's difficult past had left him emotionally scared, but I greatly appreciated how it was shown that the hard times were necessary to bring him to where he was ultimately meant to be.

The story takes place in the later part of the year, but it's not completely centered around Christmas. I feel it would be fine to read at any time of the year, but if you're like me, you'll probably want to read it at Christmas anyway. :) Though I don't think the story will be very memorable for me in the long run, I did enjoy it and it's one of the better Christmas stories I've read this year.

My Rating: 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment